Today is the first day of Inktober and the prompt for day one is Crystal. If you’d like the full list of prompts, visit there website —>Inktober Rules & Prompts Page<—. I thought long and hard about this one, but I couldn’t really come up with anything good. So, I did a little research and decided to draw the picture below. I like the spookiness of what I chose and it also fit the month. What better way to start it off, right?
How I Feel About Halloween
I like Halloween, but as an adult, I can’t really say I celebrate it. So much has changed since I was a kid. Now, the days are monitored and trick or treating is set for a certain hour of the day.
I know not many of us celebrate Halloween, but its not about having to celebrate the holiday itself. Its about enjoying the month, the changes in the weather, seeing kids dress up in costumes, or even sitting on your couch eating candy. However you take on the days throughout the month of October, remember its just another day of the year and that day is only what we make of it.
Fun Ways to Get Through the Month of October
- Participate in Inktober…duh!
- Other arts and crafts (greeting cards, tags, embellishments, pictures, etc.)
- Make goodies at home (cupcakes, cookies, candies, etc.). You’d be amazed at the things you can find on the shelf in the stores and even in your own cabinet to make put together.
- Have a small get together at home with a few friends, or just your family.
- Watch scary movies. We all love a little horror every now and then.
Here are a few videos for some fun Halloween things to do: