Basic Order Information:
For orders placed in person (also phone and messaging): Contact information is required to place an order. Name and phone numbers are required, emails addresses are optional, and location addresses are required when delivery is involved. Please provide an email address when consultations haven’t covered the full order. We will check with you frequently to complete the information needed for your order.
For placing orders online: To communicate specific order details, add to notes area when placing your order at checkout or visit our About Us & Contact Us page and fill out the form. Be sure to include your order number. If using the contact us page, we recommend doing this immediately.
Regular orders involving: Sheet Cakes, Layered Cakes up to Full Sheet (including up to 16in. rounds), Dessert Cakes, Cupcakes, Loaf Cakes, Cookies, and Cookie Bars:
- Orders must be paid for at least 72 hours in advance. NO EXCEPTIONS! Short notice orders must be made at least 24-48 hours in advance and paid at the time of order. This will also incur a rush charge of $7 to $50. The rush charge is determined by the difficulty of the product(s) ordered and if the product requires any rush shipped accessories. Items will not be produced if the order is not paid in full.
- Decorated cookies must be ordered one week in advance and must be paid for 4 days prior to pick up date. Rush fees do apply to decorated cookie orders.
Large orders involving: Tiered, Designed, Specialty, Wedding or any order accommodating a party of 150 or more (The time frame in this section applies to local orders only. Refer to the product page for online orders):
- For large orders, appointments must be made (by phone or in-person) to get all contact information and specifics on orders.
- Requires a 50% deposit at the time of the order or when the final decision is made (before any ordering of materials), must be completely paid for two weeks before the product is due, and must be ordered at least FIVE WEEKS before the product is needed. NO EXCEPTIONS! All orders can be placed as early as you desire.
- Large orders can be divided into multiple invoices. Orders that require a deposit automatically result in multiple invoices. Please provide your email address.
The Sweets does not do or accept the following:
- No “Surprise Me” orders are allowed! There must be an agreement and/or sketch finalizing what the customer desires as the result of the finished product.
- We do not refund or provide discounts for customer error! We will fix accidents if the time allows and there are no other prior arrangements for the decorator. We take photos of the finished product and provide all customers with photos. If an item is undamaged after leaving the seller’s facility, the seller is not responsible for damage to the item (as we provide instructions at pickup on how to handle the product).
- We do not copy products from photos sent by customers! The Sweets strongly respects the ideas of others and their license to hold full rights to things they create (for example, Disney, sports teams, and other logos or characters). We do not create cakes that are trademarked or copyrighted unless we have the proper contracts to purchase such kits. We can do similar products, but not exact.
- If you would like a digital copy of your order, please request one at the time of order. Provide your email address and one will be sent to you.
Payments, Refunds, Cancellations, & Returns:
- Paying before the order is made will guarantee the customer’s arrival.
- Provide your email address and your invoice will be sent to you within 24 hours. If multiple invoices are needed for smaller orders, request at the time of order. Invoice payments can be made online through the secure payment system or you set up a time to pay in person.
- Rushed orders incur additional charges. Please order your food items within the time frame that applies to the size of your order to avoid these charges. Rush charges range from $7 to $50.
- Refunds & Cancellations:
- If a food item is ordered, paid for, the product is produced, and the customer arrives later not wanting the product, there is NO REFUND.
- Cancellations must be made within 48 hours (for small orders) and two weeks (for large orders). If deciding to cancel, customers will not be refunded for materials ordered and shipped to suit his or her order. The price of the materials will be deducted from the deposit.
- When you discover the issue, please contact us immediately. 337-221-4555 or message us on Facebook @thesweetsbythelisha.
- If there are any issues with the product or services, please return immediately or within 24 hours of the discovery of issue.
When the decorator has to design the cake, cookie, etc. with no inspiration from the customer, a design fee is charged. The design fee is based on the difficulty and ranges from $10-$25 per design. The design fee is non-refundable.
Not considered inspiration:
- Stating the type of event, alone
- The theme, alone
- The colors, alone
- A birthday for a man, woman, or child, alone
To avoid the design fee, the customer must provide 2-4 of the following:
- Type of party
- Physical items
The customer can also avoid the fee by providing his or her own design.
If the customer throws out a design made by the decorator, and another design must be made, this will incur an additional design fee or the decorator can refuse. The design fee is non-refundable, whether the design is wanted by the customer or not.