For years, rejection had been an issue for me when I applied for jobs.
I let it get me down to a point where I wanted to give up on myself.
Before reaching my breaking point, I did what people normally do to get a better job. I went to school, got good grades, graduated, and built a better ME…..
It didn’t work and I soon felt I was reaching that breaking point again.
I thought it was me and I thought I wasn’t good enough….but none of that was or is true.
I never saw myself as a threat and I never threatened anyone’s job. I saw this as me needing more experience to go along with my education….but what wasn’t clear to me then is clear to me now:
- I am a threat.
- I still never threatened anyone’s job.
- I have plenty of experience.
- I carried duties without the title or the pay.
- I worked extra hard to get nowhere with the companies I worked for.
So I decided to do things I said I would never do and things that I always wanted to do:
- I started networking.
- I started a business.
- I started a blog.
- I still apply for jobs and get upset, but now I tell myself it’s not me, they’re just not ready for someone like me.
- I make it my business to keep learning.
- I say no.
- I give everything at least one chance.
- I give people second chances. Not third or fourth chances.
- I never treat anyone the way I was treated.
- I don’t let people use me.
- I like making mistakes because I learn from them.
- I stopped trying to control things I cannot control.
- I stopped putting time into people that do not want to help themselves.
- I bite my tongue……..when I am asleep.
- I think deeply.
- I dream with my eyes open.
- I pay attention to everything.
- I follow my first mind.
- I take no for an answer.
- I write things down.
- I remember who I was, I know who I’ve become, I am proud of who I am, and I love myself.