Cooking is not all about food, it can be about how you put yourself together before hitting the table or buffet line. Every day, someone is looking at how well you present yourself self in the same way they do when their food is served in a restaurant. Buffet line or served at the table, presentation matters.
Think of the buffet line as you presenting yourself, your business, or the company you work for. It’s easier for people to pass you up when there are other appealing choices.
Think of table service as grabbing the attention of someone walking in your business for the first time or going to an interview. You will be given feedback and rejected, given no feedback and never contacted/visited again, or accepted.
This may seem out of place to some, this may be offensive to some, and some may be tickled by it. Sometimes we put more time into other things than we do ourselves. Write your recipe, tweak it, and make it your best seller. I don’t believe that the first impression is the last impression, but I believe it is lasting.
To the close-minded:
- The first impression is the only impression.
- You will always be a rookie. You will never be able to work with such an individual because he or she will remind you of your “rookie” self and not recognize you for your “grown” self.
- You make one mistake, you’re prone to making mistakes. Every mistake you make will highlight them for discovering it and taking place in the correcting. They will gladly rub it in your face.
To the open-minded:
- Your first impression is only the beginning and improvements are accepted.
- Everyone starts somewhere. You have potential.
- Make a mistake, own it, find a solution, find a way to stop it from happening again.
How well do you season and fry?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinate: 5-25 minutes
Fry time: however long it takes
- 206 pounds of Thelisha
- Warm water (as hot as you can stand, but is still comfortable)
- Oral care products and tools
- Bath tub or shower
- Bath sponge or cloth
- Bubble bath (optional)
- Body wash or soap
- Electric razor (optional)
- Shampoo/Conditioner (optional)
- Hair grooming products & tools
- Clothing and accessories to fit the day’s activities
- Fragrance and deodorant
- 2 Well-balanced meals, for garnishing
- Breaks as needed
- Light snacks, for garnishing
Use oral care products and tools as needed. Run water in tub or shower. If using a tub, add bubble bath.
Place Thelisha in tub or shower. Open pores by relaxing in tub for 15 minutes (5 minutes standing in running water if using a shower and wet hair).
Apply shampoo/conditioner to hair, massage, and let sit. Apply body wash or soap to sponge or cloth, and wash. Rinse.
If using razor, follow directions in manual to use. Rinse.
Pat dry, moisturize, apply deodorant and fragrances. Add clothing, accessories, and then groom hair to taste.
Apply well-balanced meal and serve.
Yield: 8 to 12 hours of productivity.
Note: for best results and to retain quality, keep product fed throughout the day, apply breaks after extended use, remove from conflicting and stressful situations to regroup and come up with a solution.